Name: Old Masonic Hall
Location: 136 S. Main St.
Use: Visual and performing arts classes, workshops, exhibition space, and administrative offices
Architect: Janet L. Sutterley
Audio Narration: Becca Spiro
Built in 1892, Old Masonic Hall originally held a grocery store and the medical offices of BA Arbogast—a doctor, coroner, and school superintendent. Little historic material was salvageable when the building was rehabilitated, but Arts District planners recovered two windows and some original beams, and used historically appropriate details, including a storefront based on old photos, and a tin ceiling, to recreate its historic look.